Sunday, November 9, 2008

The tooth fairy will be visiting tonight

Important news. Another tooth was lost here! Ryan lost his 2nd tooth. He comes up to me hands all bloody with a toothy/missing toothy (red/bloody) grin. Its so cute to see how excited they can be about losing a tooth. I am only concerned about keeping mine! (and possibly seeing about some whitening treatments). Oh these little rights of passage! it is exciting though. i know he has had some loose teeth for quite a while. He has been asking me since he was 4 or 5, why won't his teeth come out whenever Stephen would lose one. He's proud of the whole in his gum line! It should make for some cute thanksgiving and Christmas pictures!!

Later after he put his tooth in the tooth box, he came up to me and wanted to know if the Tooth fairy was a boy or a girl. Whenever I am asked about the Tooth fairy or Santa or the East bunny, I always say with my "deer in the headlights look", "I just don't know, I never met them when they came for my teeth/christmas/Easter."

this got me thinking about a blog post that a friend posted recently. She was wondering about wht age do kids find out there is no Santa. My oldest is 9 1/2. I think he still believes. He does have older friends - a couple of his freinds are 11 year olds and he does have another friend that is 13 and does hang out with an older brother of a friend who is 13. I do worry that they will tell him about Santa and make him feel bad. I was at a Mom and tot thing in our subdivision a month ago. And a mom of 4 was talking about the whole santa thing. She tells me that she would tell them when they are 10 right after Christmas, - so they will have the whole year to deal with it and so it wouldn't upset them to find out right before Christmas. I dont know - I can't imagine starting a conversation about telling him this. to me, he is still so young. I love the innocence of kids and their ability to believe in these types of things with so little questioning of it. I almost hate to ruin it, but on the other hand, it would be hard to learn about Santa from kids on the block who might make fun of a younger kid. Plus, maybe it would be better to hear it from me?
Gosh, i just can't imagine me being the one to do it. I know my kids can't stay little forever, but I sure don't want to get them all grown up too fast. So, I guess I will just keep waiting. I have at least another year I hope before it becomes more of an issue (I hope). I remember telling my brother (and I can't remember exactly how old we were) that we have to tell mom that we beleive in Santa or she won't give us anymore gifts from Santa.

Stephen is 9 1/2, Ryan is 6 1/2 and Trevor is just 2. I know my years of having all the kids believe in Santa will not last much longer, so I hope I can enjoy this one and make it extra special. As grown up and mature as Stephen wants to be, i still love that he seems to have an innocence about him.

Ok, now I must go out and get the stuff out of the car from my shopping earlier. There are a few things in there that might be from "santa" and so I lef tthe stuf fin the car till the kids went to bed. So, i guess Santa and the tooth fairy will be busy getting stuff done tonight in this house!!! then I need to take off my Santa hat and Tooth Fairy hat and get my PTA mom hat back on. I'm not done with the School directory (thatI've been working on for what seems like an eternity).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I have read

  • Friday Night knitting Club
  • The tale of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Island of Lost Girls
  • The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • Kite Runner
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons