Monday, October 13, 2008

Summer weather on a fall day

It is in the 70's yet it is Columbus day, so I know we are in fall. While we are in the middle of October, I am trying to get some "spring cleaning" done. There are so many things that have been on my list for a while and now that my mom is coming in for a visit - its even more important to tackle them. But the weather is so nice, who want to stay inside and clean? I always feel the need to organize and sort this time of the year to try to be prepared for the holidays - I am usually not prepared, but it is always my goal! I am happy to report that I have gone through the boys closets and put away clothes that are too small and such and I found the box of boots and mittins/gloves, so although it is in the 70's, I am prepared for the cold weather ahead.
So I have done some straightening and organizing, but still so much to do. Wish me luck as I try to tackle other areas (my car needs vaccuming out - now this is a perfect day for that!!)

Books I have read

  • Friday Night knitting Club
  • The tale of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Island of Lost Girls
  • The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • Kite Runner
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons