Friday, July 15, 2011

Ryan now the leader in lowest growth stats

Ryan is now a patient at the endocrinologist office. Our doctor now has all three boys as patients. After taking his height and weight, I was a little sad to learn that he has lost weight since his April weigh in at the Ped office. In April, he wieghed in at 48 lbs and was 48 and 1/4 inches. He is now 46 lbs and 48 1/2 inches. Basically he is under the 1 percent for weight and under 3% for height. Trevor now has better stats than Ryan, sigh!

ryan has been an even pickier eater than normal. In a country with so many kids fighting obesity, I have kids fighting me to eat much of anything. I don't have to worry about my son getting enough fruits and veggies. He likes them! He just doesn't seem to like much protien based food!

Ryan is in PT for low tone and pronation issues. He is the most sedentary kid I know and I have been on a mission to find some kind of activity where he can get some type of exercise or acticity that doesn't require a game controller. Ryan is taking a Kung Fu class. So far I think he likes it, but if he starts complaining about it, I might make him take swim lessons.


I try to remind myself that I have wonderful, beautiful children and so much to be thankful for, still I always seem to be worrying about some underlying medical issue about one of them.

Trevor will not see Dr. Zimmer for a few months. His weight has stablized a bit and the worry I have for him is his eyes! We had been patching him for 2 hours a day. After our latest visit with the opthamologist, we were told to stop patching because his good eye's eye sight was being diminished. We will be back in September to check on his eyes

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for such health issues, concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! I try to not worry too much and just live in the day.

    ReplyDelete

Books I have read

  • Friday Night knitting Club
  • The tale of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Island of Lost Girls
  • The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • Kite Runner
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons