Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A little wrench thrown into my already overflowing daily load of stuff to do!

"OK" another interesting morning for me. . .

As I mentioned yesterday, this is one of those jam packed weeks where I barely have time to breath, but another small wrench thrown into the works again this am.

As I am flying around the hosue trying to pick up and clean as much as possible before Trevors OT got here, I am picking up a dish rag in the sink and going to throw it into the wash with a load of clothes. Its gross and I have no idea who put it in the sink all wadded up like that. On further inspection as i unfold it and get ready to throw it in the wash I see that there is a chunk of cat throw up in it. First I wonder why would someone use one of my good dish rags to pick that up. Second thought is, why is it moving!!! AAHHH! EEWWW! and Double EEWW!! The rag was moving and I get the willies just remembering it. Worms!!! My cats (indoor cats!!!) have seemed to have developed a late blooming urge to go outside and they have seized upon some opportunities as of late when I am struggling to get boxes out the door (another time I must post about how my oldest refused to hold open the door for me as he was too tired and I fell into the juniper bushes in my jamas - but that is for another blog post!!). As I was saying I was trying to get some boxed clothing out the door for Goodwill and also get my clothes inthe car for the resale and one of my cats (probably 2 actually) took advantage of it and got outside. Later that afternoon I came home from dropping off clothes to the school for the resale a couple of hours later and there was one of my cats just waiting for me to open the door for her. She has been doing a lot of loud meowing as if begging to get out the last week and got out again yesterday (I again didn't even know she got out till I drove up from a class I took Trevor to and there she was again just waiting for me).
She never seems to go far, but apparantly far enough to get worms. How terrible. So this am as my OT is coming into my house I have a phone in one hand to call my husband then the vet and a clean rag with a bleach solution in the other trying to figure out what exactly to do at that very second.
tomorrow we will go to the vets - and until then I will be busy disinfecting and sanitzing everything, trying to keep the kids away from the cats, and oh yeah I have to finish getting ready for the shower I am co-hosting tomorrow!
Just a small little wrench thrown into the works!! I didn't pass out or scream histercally and calmly phoned the vet, so I think I did ok with this little crisis! Now back to disinfecting and party planning!!

Books I have read

  • Friday Night knitting Club
  • The tale of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Island of Lost Girls
  • The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • Kite Runner
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons