Thursday, July 10, 2008

Trevor's update for July

July has been a great month for Trevor - my FTT baby. Not only did he hit 19 lbs - he has continued to maintain his weight and add a couple of ounces despite having a cold last week. Our nutritonist Florence was here yesterday 7/8 and weighed him. He is 19 lbs 6 oz (up 2 oz). I asked her to also check his height, and we were both amazed to see he has grown 1 1/4 inches in just 2 months! How awesome! He is still under 1% for weight, but he is up to 5% for height now. We have been adding oil to his soy milk (and nesquik) and was adding liquid protein to his juice. His appetite has been very good lately and I have decided to end his food therapy at the end of July.

OT therapy started in June and we see benefits from it as well. He is calmer and a happier baby all around since we have started using brushing techniques and compression (this is for his sensory issues).

We've been without a speech therapist since May. IT is so frustrating to have to wait so long to get a new therapist. He continues to add words and is definitely babbling more. He now says mine, no, ball in addition to his other words.

I am now planning his 2nd bithday, it is only a couple of weeks away. I don't know where these two years have gone. I want him to stay my baby forever. He is in the terrible two's now but I am really enjoying him so much these days as he can express himself more and I love seeing how an almost 2 year old thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I have read

  • Friday Night knitting Club
  • The tale of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Island of Lost Girls
  • The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • Kite Runner
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons