Monday, June 16, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog

I've seen some really great blogs and have enjoyed reading them. I recently started thinking about "blogging" myself. I am not very "new tech" savvy (that is putting it mildy!) I still can't figure out how to do anything but make outgioing calls on my cell phone (have had the phone since October). I keep trying to figure out how to program numbers and managed to put one in - now the new problem is I can't figure out where the "speed dial button is for that. I am just now figuring out all the little buttons and gismos on my camera (had it for 2 years). I was telling my husband that I really liked having a camera that can take video clips. He just looked at me and said "your old camera could do that too" Now didn't I feel silly! I love new technology. but I never seem to have it or be up to speed on anything. You would think that having my Software engineer of a husband I would be more tech savvy, but I confess, I most certainly am not. (I want to get a GPS system and an MP3 player sounds like fun but who knows how long it would take me to figure out how to use them).

So blogging is all new - a new adventure for me. I have been trying (and kind of failing) at keeping in touch with friends and giving them updates on the boys. Since Trevor has been diagnosed with FTT (failure to thrive), and silent reflux among other issues, I try to let my friends and family know how things are going, but it is getting harder and harder to compose various emais to various people, so blogging may be the way to go. Plus I love the idea of having a blog "snap shot" of what is happening. I do love taking pic and there is not shortage of them, but I want to capture not just the pics, but what the picture or story is about.

My blog might not be filled with "office drama" or wild vacations, or daredevil stunts but we do have our own kind of drama with three boys that are all very different from one another. Things are here are never dull, there is always something happening (like our trip to the ER this past week). So I will try to document it and share it to those of you who might be interested!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I have read

  • Friday Night knitting Club
  • The tale of Edgar Sawtelle
  • Island of Lost Girls
  • The Prizewinner of Defiance Ohio
  • Nineteen Minutes
  • Kite Runner
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons